Jess (The Cozy Reader) Kennedy's Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Initial Review
Wasn't a fan of the ending but it was a good read.
This was my very first Meg Cabot book and I probably wouldn't have read it if it wasn't for James of Book Chic Club who so very nicely sent me his extra ARC that he used for his ARC Tour! Thanks so much James!
I'm pretty sure that this would be considered an adult series because all the characters are very much adults. There's nothing too rated X or even R really to keep the young adult crowd from reading this though.
Insatiable is the name of the daytime show that Meena works for as one of the writers. She lives next door to some vampires who are always trying to hook her up with someone. Meena has the gift of seeing how everyone around her is going to die. She does her best to warn them vaguely to prevent them from dying. She ends up in the middle of a vampire war that's funny in some ways, dangerous, sexy, and of course action packed.
This is written in alternativing points of views between several of the characters and while this was enlightening in some ways it flickered around too much for my liking. If it was just between Meena and the Prince then I wouldn't have had a problem but sometimes Meena's brother, a vampire hunter or best friend or even the neighbors popped in to steal the show. It felt very much like watching a soap opera.
I wasn't a fan of the ending either because I have a soft spot for vampires, especially when they find true love. I'm pretty sure there will be a follow up to this and I would love to read what happens next. While I might not be on the Meg Cabot bandwagon I certainly will follow this paranormal series of hers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.

June 10, 2010 – Shelved
September 26, 2010 – Started Reading
October 9, 2010 –
page 446
98.89% "An interesting read. I am enjoying it very much. Not sure how I'm going to like the ending though. We'll see!"
October 9, 2010 – Finished Reading