Stephanie Marshall's Reviews > Love, Always

Love, Always by Yessi Smith

U 50x66

When you read this book you will want to have your Kleenex’s close by, it is a tug at your heart strings kind of book, with some laugh out loud moments included.
Throughout the book we get to meet Adam. Adam is the lead singer to Wasted Circle, a band that he and his best friend Josh started in High school. Dee describes Adam as: ‘sweet sturdy Adam with his light brown hair and natural highlights.” There band is just getting ready to start their tour, until tragedy strikes and sets another plan for life in action.
Dee is the girlfriend to Josh and best friend to Adam. The three have been friends for quite awhile and get along great. Dee is, “Hispanic, high school drop out with her GED, in Love with Josh, has absent parents, a teenager pregnant out of wedlock.” So needless to say her life is anything but ordinary. After tragedy strikes, she withdraws into a deep depression and her world changes drastically; from her friends, family and future. Adam becomes a sturdy fixture in her life and gives her strength to move forward when she has none of her own.
This book was such a great read. I loved how the author would do the ‘flashbacks’ to help us gain insight into the person that Adam has become and what made him who he is today. The characters are so lovable and relatable. I absolutely adored Hayley. She is that no-nonsense friend that every girl needs. She helps to keep Dee grounded in the here and now. Adam is such a sweet, gorgeous, lovable guy. Sometimes the decisions that him and Dee made were very frustrating but in the end those same decisions were what created the future for which they would live. The epilogue gave me chills and made me tear up….
I really can’t say enough great things about this book. It is a tragic love story, with a rock star romance, a teen age pregnancy, and a psych-ward stent all rolled up into one. That makes for a truly unforgettable story. Some of the situations that Dee gets herself into are hilarious, but there is also so many meaningful moments between the characters, it is amazing. This book reminds us of the importance to live for today, not for the past or for the future. Adam says is best,
“The only promise we have is today, you and I know that better than anyone. So hold on to today and cherish what we have, without worrying about tomorrow.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Always.

Started Reading