Jacki's Reviews > What a Wallflower Wants

What a Wallflower Wants by Maya Rodale

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Wicked Reads.

Prue and John come from very different places in the world. They have both been struggling to get by and hanging on to a glimmer of hope that they may find happiness. A twist of fate lands them together and as they grow closer, they wonder if their relationship can survive the secrets each keeps buried inside. Can they move forward and leave their past lives behind in order to have a bright future, or will the past destroy everything?
I was surprised by this book. Not only did it keep me interested, it stood out. It was darker and deeper than I had expected it to be and really showed the struggle of the victim and how easily memories can be triggered and cause panic. The depth of emotion from both main characters as they work through the struggles was wonderful. This felt like more of a build up of a love story rather than a
"Hello, I love you." type of scenario.
I found this to be a nice change and an quick flowing and entertaining read for me. I will definitely be looking into more books by Maya Rodale. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a genuine romance including hardship and conflict.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Wallflower Wants.

September 25, 2014 – Started Reading