Nicky Peacock's Reviews > Black Abaddon

Black Abaddon by Sasha Hibbs

So this is a 2nd book in the series and you really do need to read the first one (fortunately I was kindly given both to review) I loved the idea behind this book, although a little YA cliche in places (to be honest it’s expected troupes that readers want: love triangle, best friends, secret powers etc.) it still felt like an effortless read that kept you hooked.

From a writer’s perspective, it took a while to get the plot moving and this might lose the less patient reader, which would be a shame as it climaxed in the 2nd book to a real twist that I didn’t see coming. I didn’t warm to Ally straight away and felt the opening a little weak compared to the rest of the book, so would have preferred the first chapter to jump straight into the action (but that’s just me!)

The front covers of both books are very evocative and really give you an impression of what you’ll be getting when you buy them – so two thumbs up to the designer.

I’m going to give both books a combined rating, as they really do need to be read together – so 4 out 5 stars – a really intriguing teen read that bridges the gap nicely to adult readers too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Abaddon.

Finished Reading