Dwayne Kavanagh's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

2619568
Jun 09, 2010

I picked this book up after reading some of the positive reviews on this site, and after reading it, I can easily recommend it to anyone that likes a good mystery. That said... I found that I was pulled out of the story many times from the author’s POV slips. I also thought one of the characters didn't remain true to herself. Lisbeth was a brilliant character. I loved her, but there is one point in the story ( I won’t spoil it) where she did something I thought she would never do. I know the author needed to create a crisis (a turning point) for her, but the action felt out of place. The sex scenes seemed like an afterthought and I felt as if they were sprinkled in here and there to spice things up and not a part of the actual story.
I did buy the next book in the series, "TGWPWF" so that should say something about the author and the story.

June 9, 2010 – Started Reading
page 374
July 1, 2010 –
page 426
July 1, 2010 – Finished Reading

Shannon Totally curious about this book. Can't wait to read your review. :)

message 2: by Yas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yas Yay you're reading it :) can't wait to hear what you think!

message 3: by Andrée (new) - added it

Andrée A lot of my customers (I work in a book store) keep raving on and on about this series. I finally bought the first book and intend on reading it once I'm done with Under the Dome. :)