Jenny - TotallybookedBlog's Reviews > With the Father

With the Father by Jenni Moen

description

4.5 Stars

“I chose wrong…I want to go back. I want a redo.”

BRAVO Jenni Moen, BRAVO! You, lady have managed to completely side swipe us. Our minds are BLOWN! We’re SPEECHLESS! BLINDSIDED! F.L.O.O.R.E.D! Now THAT’S how it’s done. That’s how you keep a reader guessing then rip the rug from underneath their feet! Your synopsis was enough to draw us in, you gave nothing away and you kept us dangling throughout.

“What just happened?” “Life.” “Life just happened.”

We were completely taken unawares and whilst we’re still trying piece it all together we don’t know if this is one of the cleverest stories we’ve read or one that has plot holes to buggery. We’re going with the former and we have to say we LOVED this book!

“…you can’t schedule love. It happens when it happens.”

We loved that it tested us and marveled at the way the story shifted leaving us completely gobsmacked and we haven’t stopped discussing With The Father since finishing it. We know we’ll still be discussing it for days to come.

“I know you want to hide. I know you wake up every day asking why. But there is no why…”

We’re not going to give anything away about the story, the characters…nothing. Trust us when we say you MUST go into this book 100% blind. STAY AWAY FROM SPOILERS!! Experience it the way the author intended. This has never been more important!

All we can say is READ IT and be STUNNED!

“Don’t expect anything. Don’t wish for an impossibility.”

**Reviewed off an ARC copy kindly provided by the author**

description

✦✦✦ TB Blog :TotallybookedBlog
✦✦✦ Come say Hi : TB on Facebook
✦✦✦Follow us: TB on Twitter
✦✦✦Check out: TB on Pinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With the Father.

Started Reading
September 21, 2014 – Finished Reading
September 22, 2014 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Great review!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Jenny!

message 3: by Bernie (new) - added it

Bernie Morris Great! Want to read now

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review!!!"

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Sanae wrote: "Great review, Jenny!"

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Bernie wrote: "Great! Want to read now"

Thanks so much Bernie. Hope you enjoy it :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review!!!"

Thanks so much Feifei. Oooh you reviewed it? And 5 stars too! Wow! How did I miss that? Off to read now xx"

I loved it too! Love the enthusiasm that pours from this review xx

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review!!!"

I l..."

Oh wow! Thank you so much! Honestly, when I finished it I just sat there gobsmacked. I don't often get blindsided in books too many times these days - I was ecstatic that it happened lol

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review!!!"

Haha me too!! It's nice to have a book surprise us :)

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review!!!"

Thanks so much Feifei. Oooh you reviewed it? A..."

It really is! :)