Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*'s Reviews > Ashes In The Wind

Ashes In The Wind by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

bookshelves: favorite-keeper-romance

I originally read Ashes In The Wind back in 1979.
I remember the date because I had just come home from the hospital with my first born Michael, who finally tied the knot this month with his partner and has given me two beautiful granddaughters.
Since this was another special moment in time, I decided to pick this "keeper" I had given five stars to back up to see if time had changed with how I felt then..and now.
Truthfully, I cant remember any of it...is it a wonder between feeding's, diaper changes, no sleep,and one colic infant?
I do remember snatching every moment I could to get in a chapter or two, and I think escaping into Alaina and Cole's world kept me sane.
Did the passage of time and my tastes that have changed over the years lessen the magic of their romantic story?
Was I swept away and able to escape once again?
Did it live up to the five stars I had given it back then?
Darn tooting it did!
Some books remain timeless, back onto my "favourite keeper" shelf...till we read again :):)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes In The Wind.

June 8, 2010 – Shelved
page 325
July 25, 2015 –
page 435
July 29, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Dorine Fun review, Sandi -- you make me want to find my copy buried in a box somewhere!

message 2: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully nice review Sandi!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Thanks Dorine and Scully,
It was like coming across an old friend and catching up on the memories.

message 4: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel What a lovely review Sandi -

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Thanks Jewel, I kept a book for year my daughter was born as well which I also plan to re- read. Silly.... but I love the memories in which not only the book but that moment in time was five stars :)

message 6: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel Its not silly at all, i also have memories like these, I watch the same movie every time im ready to have a baby because i was watching it with my first.
I also have books that I re read on some occasions.

It was really lovely to read your story.

message 7: by MomToKippy (new)

MomToKippy That is a sweet review!

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Completely agree? This was the first of hers I'd ever read and I went on to devour the rest - KW - one of a kind!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* MomToKippy wrote: "That is a sweet review!"

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Wendy wrote: "Completely agree? This was the first of hers I'd ever read and I went on to devour the rest - KW - one of a kind!"

I too have devoured all her books, I was sad about her passing :(

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy I didn't realise she had until fairly recently - she wrote some brilliant books. She left her mark as here we are still talking about her :(