Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Love Me to Death

Love Me to Death by Marissa Clarke

4119085
Sep 20, 2014

bookshelves: read-in-2015
Read 2 times. Last read February 19, 2015.

Nikolai Itzov was set on his goals; kill the girl and avenge his father’s death. Unfortunately, Fate has other plans for him. After seeing Elena and making a connection, he couldn’t do it. For all the times, he had gone to battle and killed, he just couldn’t do it. The question is, what is the reason for his unlikely error?

Elena is just another girl…or, so she thought. She keeps under the radar, but mostly by choice. She decided a while ago that she just wanted to live a simple life. After meeting Nicolai, the Angel of Death her eyes are opened to magical beings she never thought existed. Worst, she is a part of that world, and she didn’t even know it.

Ms. Clarke surprised me with her new paranormal world. The story was filled with magic, vamps, angels, and time planes making it perfect for a PNR reader such as myself. I thought the humor was done well, and the sexy was just the right amount. There was a hint of angst and annoyance between Nicolai and Elena, but it was enough to keep me interested and intrigued. Overall, their romance was sweet despite Nikolai’s denial of his feelings. It was rather cute. The backstory will keep you intrigued wanting more of the next installment, Love Me to Death is a great start to this new series.

*ARC provided by publisher

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Me to Death.