Ann-maree Coyte's Reviews > Dancing With A Cowboy

Dancing With A Cowboy by Sandi K. Whipple

U 50x66

I was given a free pre-release copy of Dancing With A Cowboy in exchange for an honest review.
I don’t care for westerns and wasn’t sure about this book. But I read the author’s other two and enjoyed them immensely. When I started reading this one and realized it wasn’t a western, I was surprised and happy that I was given a chance to read it.
Lucy, a lawyer from Philadelphia, who works like a dog, gets locked out of her office and has to take a two week vacation. It was bought and paid for by her Dad, who’s also her boss.
She’s expecting to go to a resort, but winds up at a kind of dude ranch. First, she’s riding in a small airplane and scared to death, but it’s the only way to get to the ranch. Her description of the plane nearly sent me over the edge in laughter. She thought her vacation had gone downhill when she arrived. But it gets worse for her. The ranch owner, whose name is Stace, though he’s attracted to Lucy, isn’t making things easy for her.
She’s smart though, and figures out how to cope. She’s quick witted, and does and says some hilarious things. I laughed through the entire first half of the book. At times, I had tears from laughing so hard. Some of Lucy’s experiences while working on the ranch are creative, realistic and well written. I even pictured them happening to me. When all the people staying at the ranch go on a four day cattle drive, Stace really starts paying attention to Lucy. They take long walks in the evenings and do a lot of talking and start getting to know each other.
When two men at the ranch start acting strange and a legal problem surfaces, Lucy, as an attorney, helps Stace . I will say, after Lucy managed to fix the problem for Stace, I was shocked when she went back to Pennsylvania. I even counted to see how many pages were left to read because I couldn’t believe it. But once she’s back home, she gets a package. I cried when she opened it! The ending is beautiful and heartwarming.
I loved the characters and I loved the story. It’s beautiful and heartwarming. Months from now I’ll read this again. It was an excellent read. I’ll be watching for Sandi’s next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing With A Cowboy.

September 20, 2014 – Started Reading
September 20, 2014 – Shelved
September 20, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 22, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Ann-maree Coyte Excellent read.