Charlotte Lynn's Reviews > Gift of Power

Gift of Power by Erin Manbeck

I love when a friend (Jessie Lane) recommends a book to me. It is always a winner. The Gifted Series is no exception.

There is so much that I loved about this entire series. Erin Manbeck managed to write these books with great detail to description and detail. Each book is steady in the telling of the story, yet moved at a pace that kept me entirely hooked. I finished the first one, started the second, finished the second, and started the third. Now I am done with book three and am curious to see what could be happening next. As I read about Oaky, the tree in her backyard, I could picture the tree and how it protected her when she needed it most. I could picture the safe cottage that Regan and Jake, her man, returned to. I could feel Gram’s love and protection. It has been quite a while since I have found a series of book that I could not wait to read the next book, knowing that they were only going to get better and better.

Each book in this series continued the story of Regan and her discovery of what her life was destine to be. The paranormal aspects of this story were my absolute favorite parts, but the fact that she falls in love with her soul mate and then stands strong made it very real to me. Whenever Regan started to stumble in her life, I knew Jake would be there to pick her and set her straight again. Their relationship went beyond their paranormal lives and was what a “normal” person should always aim for and want.

I will definitely recommend this series to my friends who love the paranormal and will be looking for more from Erin Manbeck.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gift of Power.

September 20, 2014 – Shelved