Natasha's Reviews > A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

Jun 07, 2010

bookshelves: writing, self-improvement

A very worthwhile read. Here are a couple of quotes from the book that capture the gist of the book.

“If the point of life is the same as the point of a story, the point of life is character transformation. If I got any comfort as I set out on my first story, it was that in nearly every story, the protagonist is transformed. He's a jerk at the beginning and nice at the end, or a coward at the beginning and brave at the end. If the character doesn't change, the story hasn't happened yet. And if story is derived from real life, if story is just condensed version of life then life itself may be designed to change us so that we evolve from one kind of person to another. ”

"The truth is, if what we choose to do with our lives won't make a story meaningful, it won’t make a life meaningful either”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Vivian I listened to this on audio, recall enjoying it. No doubt it was better in print.