Lola 's Reviews > Maybe Someday

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

liked it
bookshelves: new-adult, music, love-triangle, sad, contemporary

description
Sydney did go through all of these emotional states because of Ridge.

I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing…but there sure was a lot of drama in this story. I didn’t see much of the exterior world or even the music industry. It almost felt like Ridge being apart of a music group was not even the reality since not much actually proved it, except for him playing guitar, writing songs and sharing some related info with his brother who was in of the group as well..

Ridge is a good guy, really. He’s loving, caring, thoughtful…but also acting in a contradictory way now and then which is not necessarily a problem but the moments he chose to act that way were infuriating.

Basically, I did not like the love-triangle, and that’s not because I don’t like love-triangles in general. No. I found this one heartbreaking and not in the good sense. Also, I didn’t appreciate how the author made us love Maggie (Ridge’s girlfriend) and make us see how they both care for each other, especially Ridge, when we all know that having Sydney coming into his life (after her boyfriend cheated on her and needed a place to stay) was not going to do good in that relationship.

I can’t deny that Sydney and Ridge have a beautiful chemistry because they do have one. A wonderful wonderful one. But so do Ridge and Maggie. Putting the love-triangle element aside, I must admit that the romance was cute and adorable. Plus, very realistic. I really felt how much Sydney and Ridge care for each other and that what they have is rare. Still, I was always a little unsure of if I should really agree with them connecting so much since it felt unfair to Maggie.

The writing was very pretty and a little more fast-paced than Hopeless which was very slow, even though I did like it better. Though, I’m not going to compare Maybe Someday to Hopeless since that would be crazy; they’re both such different stories!

There weren’t many side characters really present in the plot and I, to be honest, wanted to meet Sydney’s parents because she mentioned them two or three times and I was curious to witness what kind of relationship they really share and see how they interact with one another.

I loved the song lyrics.

They’re different from song lyrics I listen to normally. And the fact Sydney has such a natural talent in writing them was incredible. She was born with this gift.

I do recommend it for readers who look for a romance-filled New Adult story, an emotional one and for those who think that this kind of love-triangle won’t bother them at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe Someday.

September 15, 2014 – Started Reading
September 17, 2014 – Shelved
September 17, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)

message 1: by -ya (new) - rated it 3 stars

-ya I didn't like this storyline and the whole triangle plot. That said, I still remember the plot, the characters, and those scenes that pissed me off;)
Great review, Lola!

Lola Yeah, the triangle was not very enjoyable :( Thank you, Ya!! :)

Jasmine Superb review Lola! ♥♥ I'm glad you still loved it to some extent :D I also agree that the love triangle in this one was quite hard to read :( Especially when Maggie is such a lovable character. Btw did you know there is a separate epilogue for Maggie's character? :)

Lola No, I did not know that!! Really didn't. :O I loved Maggie! Thank you, Jasmine!! xoxo

Jasmine Lola wrote: "No, I did not know that!! Really didn't. :O I loved Maggie! Thank you, Jasmine!! xoxo"

YAY!! Please do read it! :D I really enjoyed it eventhough it's just an epilogue chapter, at least it gives a better closure and a deserved ending for her ;) ♥♥

Lola Okay, I will for sure now! Really intrigued! Thank you! :D

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Great review Lola:) I didn't know you were reading this!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Nice review Lola! By the way, did you get a chance to read the epilogue written in (view spoiler) :)

♥Rachel♥ This one didn't click with me at all, but glad to see you enjoyed a little more than I did. Wonderful review, Lola! :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ A super review Lola! = ))

Andrea Amazing review, Lovely! xo

Rachel Reads Ravenously Lovely review Lola and very well said! I felt the same about this one.

Mysza Fab review Lola!

message 14: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Fantastic review, Lola! I am glad it worked out for you, at least more or less :) Do you plan to read Slammed??

message 15: by Ilze (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilze Great review, Lola! Sorry to see that was only 3 stars for you. I hear you about the Maggie thing, but I felt like she never really fitted with Ridge, so I kind of easily justified the (view spoiler)

message 16: by Lucia (new)

Lucia Really great review, Lola! One of the best I read on this book. However, true love triangles are not my hting so I am staying far away from this novel :)

Beatrix Great review Lola! :)
I also hated the love tringle here, and I usually don't mind them in the books.

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Fabulous review, Lola :D I'm considering reading this book, but I'm not a huge fan of love triangles and too much drama.. But who knows, perhaps I'll read it in the future :)

Lola Sandyღ wrote: "Great review Lola:) I didn't know you were reading this!
do you think I'll like this one? love triangle aside, but the heartbreaking part??"

You seem to like contemporary very much so I think you will love it. :) A lot of romance and cute talking in it. Thank you! xx

message 20: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza Great review Lo!xoxo

Lola Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Nice review Lola! By the way, did you get a chance to read the epilogue written in [spoilers removed] :)"

I did not get to read it but I will :) Maggie is such a dear character to me. Thank you xx

Lola ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "This one didn't click with me at all, but glad to see you enjoyed a little more than I did. Wonderful review, Lola! :)"

I read you mini-thoughts and, yeah, Ridge was good...but too much the kind of boy to fall too easily in love :/ Thank you, Rachel!!

Lola SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "A super review Lola! = ))"

Thanks Sue!! xx

Lola Andrea wrote: "Amazing review, Lovely! xo"

Thanks a lot, Andy!! xoxo

Lola Rachel (Reads Ravenously) wrote: "Lovely review Lola and very well said! I felt the same about this one."

Yay, I knew we had similar tastes :D Thank you xoxo

Lola Mysza wrote: "Fab review Lola!"

Thank you, Mysza! :D

Lola Liz wrote: "Fantastic review, Lola! I am glad it worked out for you, at least more or less :) Do you plan to read Slammed??"

I do plan on reading it :D but maybe in 2 weeks coz now I want to read more books published in 2014. Thank you xx

Lola Ilze wrote: "Great review, Lola! Sorry to see that was only 3 stars for you. I hear you about the Maggie thing, but I felt like she never really fitted with Ridge, so I kind of easily justified the [spoilers re..."

haha yeah I thought the same thing at first but then when his friend told us about how much he fought for her I kinda got really impressed and emotional on how much she loves her so wanted Sydney out of the picture ahah. Thank you :D

Lola Lucia wrote: "Really great review, Lola! One of the best I read on this book. However, true love triangles are not my hting so I am staying far away from this novel :)"

You know, I can normally take love-triangles but this one...this one I couldn't. It was too devastating. Aww, that is so nice, thank you :D xx

Lola Beatrix wrote: "Great review Lola! :)
I also hated the love tringle here, and I usually don't mind them in the books."

SAME HERE! I'm usually proud to say I don't mind love-triangles hahaha because there are so many books that are available for me to read that way but this one I hated. :/

Lola Elise wrote: "Fabulous review, Lola :D I'm considering reading this book, but I'm not a huge fan of love triangles and too much drama.. But who knows, perhaps I'll read it in the future :)"

And a lot of romance and sweet talk. I think you would at least enjoy it (I did) but yes the love-triangle was abominable. :(

Lola Eliza wrote: "Great review Lo!xoxo"

Thanks a lot, Eliza!! :D Do you plan on reading it?

message 33: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza Lola wrote: "Eliza wrote: "Great review Lo!xoxo"

Thanks a lot, Eliza!! :D Do you plan on reading it?"

I can't do triangles, I don't have it in me...xo

message 34: by Priyanka (new)

Priyanka Nice review! It sums it all.. It also wanna make read this book. I tried reading but just dnf'd it.. Dunno maybe in future I'll give it a try..

message 35: by Saffron (new) - added it

Saffron Great review Lola! :)

message 36: by destini mia (new)

destini mia I love Colleen Hoover . . . I hate love triangles . . . *sighs*

Amazing review, though! Love the gif you used :)

Brandi Great, honest review, Lola :)

message 38: by Didi (new)

Didi Great review Lola!

Lola Eliza wrote: "Lola wrote: "Eliza wrote: "Great review Lo!xoxo"

Thanks a lot, Eliza!! :D Do you plan on reading it?"

I can't do triangles, I don't have it in me...xo"

It's very okay. REALLY not for everyone. :)

Lola Priyanka wrote: "Nice review! It sums it all.. It also wanna make read this book. I tried reading but just dnf'd it.. Dunno maybe in future I'll give it a try.."

There are a lot of stereotypes in this book so I can understand why someone wouldn't like it and not many different settings at all. Bref, it wasn't perfect at all. Thank you :D

Lola Supreet wrote: "Great review Lola! :)"

Lola Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "I love Colleen Hoover . . . I hate love triangles . . . *sighs*

Amazing review, though! Love the gif you used :)"

oh haha, that doesn't start very well...but maybe...no. No maybe. The love-triangle was awful. :/ Thank you :D

Lola Brandi wrote: "Great, honest review, Lola :)"

Thank you, Brandi!! :)

Lola Didi wrote: "Great review Lola!"

Thanks Didi :D

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ This sounds like a messy book! Great review Lola!

message 46: by Exina (new)

Exina Excellent review, Lola!

Lola Thank you Val and Exina!! :)

Lola Thank you, Pavlina! :)

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ Wonder review, hun!! :D