Farrah's Reviews > Dead Over Heels

Dead Over Heels by Alison Kemper

Another wonderfully thrilling, delightfully romantic book in this zombie apocalypse series, Dead Over Heels was a lovely read. From start to finish, it was an enjoyable YA book that I really liked.

Ava was a lovely heroine. She started off as somewhat snobby and more concerned with being right than taking the advice of someone who knew much more about survival than she did. But, as the book went on, she toughened up and realized that working together was to their best interest. In the end, she became a capable heroine who had the guts to survive a hellish experience and I liked her.

Cole was great as well. He had all the survivor skills that they needed and he was a sweet guy. He was determined to help Ava find her parents. He really was a sweetie and I really liked him.

The romance was lovely. At first, Cole and Ava didn't get along at all. But as the book went on, they started to tolerate each other, combine their skills, and it eventually became something more. They were great together and definitely stronger as a team. I thought they were a wonderful couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. There were definitely enough thrills to keep me on the edge of my seat. I liked the story and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from this series.

Dead Over Heels was a wonderful YA zombie thriller/romance and I really liked it. After enjoying book 1 so much, this sequel certainly didn't disappoint. YA lovers, this is a book worth the read.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Over Heels.

Started Reading