Charles Boyung's Reviews > The Champion

The Champion by Scott Sigler

Damn you, Scott Sigler! That was an amazing ride. And now we have to wait HOW LONG for the next book in the series? And you've said it's a seven book series? How the hell are you going to top what just happened? I had been listening each week to the podcast patiently every Sunday, but after listening to the penultimate episode today, I had to bust out my copy to finish it now. And I am glad I did - no way I could have waited another week to listen to that final chapter.

Listen, folks. You need to read this entire series NOW! There is nothing like it out there. NOTHING! Yes, there are flaws in the writing. But you know what, who cares? When you are reading these books (or listening to the audiobooks, Scott does an amazing job reading his own books and the production quality on the GFL series is just about the best ever), you are completely absorbed in the story. And EVERY book has flaws. The flaws here are so minor that they aren't even worth addressing in detail. And they are completely overshadowed by the fact that all you want to do is know what happens next.

I know I said above that I have no idea how Scott can top this for another two books, but at the same time, I never want the story of Quentin Barnes and his Krakens to end. I want MORE. And all this book did was increase that hunger tenfold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Champion.

September 16, 2014 – Started Reading