Heidi Ryan's Reviews > Spaghetti Western

Spaghetti Western by E.M. Lynley

Sep 16, 2014

bookshelves: m-m-romance

I fell in love with this author's writing when I read Out of the Gate. This latest offering is every bit as wonderful as that story. I love how she combines a terrific story line with out of this world research. No fact is left undiscovered, and you not only get a fabulous tale, but you learn a little too. And this book has a huge bonus! The recipes from the ranch are at the end of the book and I cannot wait to try some of them out. This story is so full of hope and new beginnings, it makes for a truly heart warming tale. Is there anything you would not do to help those you love? Read on and find out.
Riley Emerson has just finished his training at Le Cordon Blue culinary school in Paris. He studied there with his boyfriend Denny. Riley decided to stay on and take the pastry courses while Denny went on ahead and set up their new life in Aspen and their dream job at Antelope Inn. Everything was going to be perfect, until Riley showed up a week early and found Dennny with another man. Now he has lost his home, boyfriend, and job in one fell swoop. He tried to get another job through one of his rich friends, but the sous chef was the man Riley caught Denny with. At a loss, he went out to have some fun at a club, but when he was in over his head, a hunky cowboy saved him. After a night of passion, Riley snuck out to get to a job fair at a hotel. He landed a job as a chef at a dude ranch, and was ready to move on.
Colby Zane wished he had a number of something for the sexy man he had helped the night before. But he had to get back to the ranch and get set up for the new season. The ranch was in trouble, caused by him, and he needed to fix things. It has been in his family for generations, and he can't let it go under. A hot investor B. F. Wellington, may be the answer to his problems. He has more now because Riley is their new chef, and he has made it kinda clear that he is not looking for a relationship. But what does Mr. Wellington want from Colby to make it happen?
This story is not cut and dried, as some are hiding secrets that could make things go either way. Can Riley and Colby survive what is happening? Will the reveal hurt or help everyone? What will Wellington do to remove Riley from the picture? Can Riley survive outside of the big cities? Are they too different for it to work? This story grabbed me from page one and I could not wait to find out what happens next. These characters get under your skin, and you root for them the whole way! Go grab a copy and settle in for an awesome read. Whatever EM Lynley puts out next, you can believe I will be first in line to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spaghetti Western.

September 16, 2014 – Started Reading