Willie Butts's Reviews > No, David!

No, David! by David Shannon

M 50x66
Jun 03, 2010

bookshelves: eng-353

This is a funny and easy to read book. First of all I like the way the author name the character after himself, this could be an indication that this is partially a true story. The title and the illustration on the cover of the book are comical, an indication that the reader is in for a hilariously good read. As a parent it is pretty easy to understand the meaning behind this text as we all have spent time telling our children NO! Every page explodes with brilliant, lively colors and large letters as David is being corrected. One thing that I thought is fascinating is the pictures that are illustrated with David’s mouth open. His teeth are pointed and spaced out, it kind of reminds me of sharks teeth when they are being shown right before they are about to take a huge bite out of their prey, in each illustration David is either playing with something he shouldn’t be playing with, filling his mouth with food or acting up. Once again there are a lot of circles in the illustrations indicating life. Finally on the last page of the book the mother say’s yes to David the illustration shows him hugging his mother that is a huge contrast from his earlier actions. This book can be read to teach children the things that they should not be doing and the one very important thing that they should do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No, David!.