Suzan's Reviews > Ring in the Holidays

Ring in the Holidays by Katie Lane

F 50x66

bookshelves: first-reads

I absolutely loved this book. It grabbed my interest from the start with a Vegas fling between two unlikely matched people. The characters are introduced as events unfold in sin city, and eventually part without knowing the other's name. Soon after Vegas, the reader is introduced to the real Dr Ellie Simpson, psychologist, sex therapist, author if a book called Virgin Love which promotes abstinence. She is trying to recover from a bad breakup, and along with her assistant / best friend, they go on a book tour and move to a new city. Ellie has to do some serious re-evaluating on her views given that abstinence only led to a cheating boyfriend, and her romp in Vegas added a new twist to her viewpoint. They land in a new town where we are finally re-introduced to the real Matthew. This is one aspect of the book I really loved. That is getting to know Matthew's family. Ellie's book makes its way into his family and once he sees the back cover of the book, he finally has the answer as to who his mystery Vegas woman is. He pursues her on her book tour and their reacquaintance is rocky at best. Along the way we meet Matthew's mother who is focused on her volunteer work, tired of a work-aholic husband who she fights with. Also, his brother Patrick who the lovable, and interferring, Aunt Wheezie is trying to marry off, and his sister Cassie who is very pregnant, but suspects her husband of cheating. Definately will be fun to explore the other books about this family. I missed Cassie's story, but I can tell you that this book stands alone as a wonderful read. I definately recommend this as a fun contemporary romance.

I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads program. I have read the book and this is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ring in the Holidays.

September 15, 2014 – Started Reading