Frank Chillura's Reviews > Battle Angel

Battle Angel by Scott Speer

bookshelves: angels

Once again, I am reviewing the final book in a series that I have loved since the minute I read the first chapter 3 years ago. Like I have said before, 2014 is the year for finales on too many of the most incredible book series I have ever read.

Battle Angel is book 3 in Scott Speer's Immortal City series and like the previous 2 books, it does not hold out on action packed fight scenes, suspenseful story-telling, & a love triangle that is worth dying for.

The Dark Angels are coming, but the Immortals of Angel City are retreating & refusing to fight. They feel snubbed by the humans that they have been paid to protect & for this, they are leaving them to fight this fight alone. Maddy has to make a choice: Leave for safety with Jacks. the Angel she has loved since before she knew who she really was, or stay and fight with the Tom, the human fighter pilot who was there for her when she really needed him & is beginning to fall in love with.

This book holds no stops in giving you action packed fight scenes & the death of multiple characters who you will have grown to love (or maybe dislike in some cases). Battle Angel will give you the sense of closure you need in a series finale, but you may not be 100% happy with the outcome. But who can be happy when there is a war with Dark & Light Angels involved... Good vs Evil may have blurred the line, but will the heroes prevail?

This series is great for fans of Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush, Lauren Kate's Fallen, & Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone... to name a few.

If you are looking for any other book or series suggestions, feel free to message me through my blog UtopiaNeverComes.blogspot.com or email me at FooFiFauxPaw@google.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Battle Angel.

September 13, 2014 – Started Reading