Dustin Taylor's Reviews > The Mormon Way of Doing Business: Leadership and Success Through Faith and Family

The Mormon Way of Doing Business by Jeff Benedict

Jun 03, 2010

bookshelves: business-entrepreneurship
Read from May 22 to 31, 2010

My wife asked me the other day what books I thought had changed my life the most (not including scripture). I told her about a few, and while I was in the middle of this book, I told her it would probably change or reshape the way I do business in the future. It’s true…I believe it has.

The Mormon Way of Doing Business reflects on the lives of top CEO’s of major corporations that are also devout Mormons. Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, balancing their job, families and church, how tithing plays into things, how the real accolades should go to their wives and even how they all dealt with the major crises during September 11, 2001. It shows how their background and raising in the Mormon culture and their current beliefs have shaped who they are, how they’ve formed their families, how they manage their time and more importantly, how their religious beliefs shape how they run their respective companies. Think AMEX, JetBlue, Deloitte and Touche, Harvard Business School, and Re-Life to name a few.

I would recommend this book to any business person wanting to figure out the “secrets” to success in business while managing family and church responsibilities as well. Great book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mormon Way of Doing Business.