Mel (who is deeply in love with herself)'s Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 02, 2010

liked it

description

Let the picture do the talking...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

Quotes Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Liked

Stephenie Meyer
“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…" he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion.”

Stephenie Meyer
“The right thing isn't always real obvious. Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else. So...good luck figuring that out.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Don't be self-conscious, if I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.”

“You are my life now.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Twilight, again. Another ending. No matter how perfect the day is, it always has to end.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I said it would be better if we weren’t friends, not that I didn’t want to be.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I am not really breaking any rules. Charlie said I could never take another step through the door again... I came in through the window... Still, the intent was clear," said Edward.”

“Do I dazzle you?”

Stephenie Meyer
“You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I know love and lust don't always keep the same company.”

Stephenie Meyer
“It's twilight. It’s the safest time of day for us. The easiest time. But also the saddest, in a way...the end of another day, the return of the night. Darkness is so predictable, don’t you think?”

Stephenie Meyer
“So, did you stab Edward Cullen with a pencil or what? I've never seen him act like that.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Your number was up the first time I met you.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I can feel what you’re feeling now — and you are worth it.”

Stephenie Meyer
“Stupid, shiny Volvo owner.”

Stephenie Meyer
“You're intoxicated by my very presence.”

Stephenie Meyer
“I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak,” he laughed.”

“How old are you?”
“Seventeen,” he answered promptly.
“And how long have you been seventeen?”
His lips twitched as he stared at the road. “A while,” he admitted at last.”

Stephenie Meyer
“His gold eyes grew very soft. “You said you loved me.”
“You knew that already,” I reminded him, ducking my head.
“It was nice to hear, just the same.”
I hid my face against his shoulder.
“I love you,” I whispered.
“You are my life now,” he answered simply.
There was nothing more to say for the moment. He rocked us back and forth as the room grew lighter.”

Stephenie Meyer
“And you're worried, not because you're headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won't approve of you, correct?”
“That's right,” I answered immediately, hiding my surprise at his casual use of the word.
He shook his head. “You're incredible.”

08/23/2016 marked as: read

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "You were right I laughed =)"

How can you NOT?! :D This is the best sum-up of the series for me. By the way, if you HAD to, would you choose necrophilia or bestiality?
Ew. What a disgusting question--but I'd like to know your reasoning!
(Let's hope the FBI arent monitoring this page...)

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Archer wrote: "You'd run creaming??

Do I even need to attempt to make a joke?"

Not really. I think we're all thinking the same thing here. Skyla-YOU DIRRTY BIRRDY.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "Archer wrote: "You'd run creaming??

Do I even need to attempt to make a joke?"

I meant screaming. It's fixed now. Apparently I can't type at 8 o'clock in the morning on my phone."

Yeah right. We belive you...
(view spoiler)

Angela Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "Well if the vampire looked like Spike from Buffy (because he was evil and though he did have a chip in his head that neutered him he chose to get his soul back because he loved Buffy), I think I'd ..."

There is a guy who works in the local rock bar where I'm from and we've always called him Spike. He doesn't much look like him now but when we were younger he had the same bleached hair, long black coat, nurocks (boots) and sultry gaze about him.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Archer wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "Trust me when I say that isn't the worse thing I've said online. I'm just glad my friend Mitzy isn't on this site because he would have a field day ..."

Pedopire. Any day. Though I have been known to slobber over the scent of wet dog.
Oh, you can't beat the stink of wet dog in the morning!
Skyla. You're gonna have to choose, I'm afraid. Our friendship is hinging on this answer. So no pressure.

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Angela wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "Well if the vampire looked like Spike from Buffy (because he was evil and though he did have a chip in his head that neutered him he chose to get hi..."

GIVE ME THE ADDRESS! NOW!

Angela You'll be dissapointed now, trust me. Place is called Trillians in Newcastle (UK)

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Angela wrote: "You'll be dissapointed now, trust me. Place is called Trillians in Newcastle (UK)"

I live in the UK! *HAPPY FACE*
But not Newcastle. *SAD FACE*
And now I'm depressed. Much as I love Spike, I cannot be bothered to travel all the way to a shitty bar in Newcastle to gawp at a lookalike (who probably wont even look alike...)

Mel (who is deeply in love with herself) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ Archer and Mel. I already said I choose the Vampire (but Spike not Pedward). I was typing to fast and missed the "s" so =P

@Angela. I've never been to Trillians but my cousin has and she has me..."

Nuh-uh. That answer is not good enough. It is either EDWARD the dead guy or JACOB the mutt. Spike is just a cop-out. SO TRY AGAIN.

Zero vi Britannia Just one quick question. I've heard everyone talk about the purple prose, Edward being abusive, sparkling vampires, and anticlimatic ending. But why has nobody ever pointed out how dull these books are?

Zero vi Britannia Archer wrote: "Zero vi Britannia wrote: "Just one quick question. I've heard everyone talk about the purple prose, Edward being abusive, sparkling vampires, and anticlimatic ending. But why has nobody ever pointe..."

It wasn't for me! I expected the bad stuff, but I at least thought the books would be somewhat interesting.

Zero vi Britannia Archer wrote: "Hahaha feck no. If you want something maybe interesting steer clear of SMeyer like the plague...

[spoilers removed]"

I'm Chris, the Cassandra Clare hater.

message 13: by Lissa (new)

Lissa Zero vi Britannia wrote: "Archer wrote: "Hahaha feck no. If you want something maybe interesting steer clear of SMeyer like the plague...

[spoilers removed]"

I'm Chris, the Cassandra Clare hater."

WELCOME, O WISE ONE.

Angela Archer wrote: "Angela wrote: "You'll be dissapointed now, trust me. Place is called Trillians in Newcastle (UK)"

I've been to that bar. It's not a bad little dive actually"

Aye, it's a canny little dive, they get some good bands playing. I've just been there for my lunch.

Zero vi Britannia Archer wrote: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and if you listen very closely, you will hear the sound of a penny dropping"

???

Angela Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ Archer and Mel. I already said I choose the Vampire (but Spike not Pedward). I was typing to fast and missed the "s" so =P

@Angela. I've never been to Trillians but my cousin has and she has me..."

:D

message 17: by Angela (last edited Jan 24, 2012 07:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angela Mel (who is deeply in love..with herself) wrote: "Angela wrote: "You'll be dissapointed now, trust me. Place is called Trillians in Newcastle (UK)"

I live in the UK! *HAPPY FACE*
But not Newcastle. *SAD FACE*
And now I'm depressed. Much as I lov..."

Trillians isn't shitty - if you come to Newcastle I could take you to some PROPER shitty bars (but have a good jukebox) or those that don't have a good jukebox, like those frequented by those orange looking people in 'Geordie Shore'.
Anyway, he used to look Spike (but not as pretty) but not so much now. He's also now a happily married family man from what I can make out and doesn't look so gothic and/or ill anymore.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Archer wrote: "because that's a given?"