Susan's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 02, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: audio

UGH! This book was WAY too long. (I rolled my eyes.) The dialogue went on and on and on and the point these characters talked themselves into a corner and ended up coming out looking like idiots. (I touched my cheek.) Plus, the transitions in their personalities went from point A to point B in a heartbeat, no evident transition on the journey. (My eyes tightened.)

The climax of the story was....anti-climatic.(I growled.) Why introduce the Volturi then not utilize them better? They all ended up sounding like wimps. (I rolled my eyes.)

Jacob's fascination with a small child was creepy. (My eyes tightened.) And Bella turned into super-Mom after Renesmee (what a name - I growled) was unbelieveable. Edward was just a presence in this book (I rolled my eyes) as he didn't really have any reason to be there except to impregnate Bella.

UGH again! (My eyes tightened.)

If this book was half as long it would have been a good story. Cut out all that useless, repetitive dialogue, plus the first part of the book, tighten up the storyline and it would have read much better IMHO. (I touched my cheek.)

All in all the whole series was just OK. Too many problems for it to be a smooth, can't-wait-to-get-back-to-it, tight and interesting story.

My eyes tightened, I touched my cheek, growled, then rolled my eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

June 2, 2010 – Started Reading
June 2, 2010 – Shelved
June 2, 2010 – Shelved as: audio
Finished Reading

message 1: by Rane (new) - rated it 1 star

Rane UGH, this book was one headache after another! *hands Susan some asipirn*

Susan Thank you :D

Melissa Imagine it in movie format. I can't wait till people and the media gets a hold of pedo-bear and teen pregnancy. They really could use these movies and books as torture devises. I think it would work better than wood under the nails or Chinese water torture.

[image error][image error]