Jodie's Reviews > Heir of Fire

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: active-series, genre-fantasy, genre-ya

Read: September 24, 2014

Re-Read: September 2015
I'm not too sure why, but I loved Manon so much more this time round!

Re-Read: August 2016
At its heart, this is the story of a girl coming to terms with her heritage and destiny. Sarah J Maas is so brilliant.

Re-Read: September 2017
Re read: December 2018

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

Why I picked it up:

I read and loved the first two books in the series. This installment was sent to me from Bloomsbury in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… I am not a high fantasy fan. At all. But this series is a massive exception.

It took me about a chapter to sink back into the story because high fantasy is always so wordy! As a reader who devours a lot of contemporary romance novels, high fantasy always takes a little getting used to.

But I loved this novel. Sarah J Maas has such a talent for creating characters that fly off the page. I love, love, loved Rowan (who is new to this book), and also Sorscha. As always, Celaena is a favourite of mine – I mean, what an excellent and real character. I love her personality. It’s so accurate of everything she has been through.

The only things I disliked about this novel were:

A. Duel perspective is an interesting one for me, because there is always one POV I end up enjoying more. In this case, I loved reading about Celaena and also Sorscha, but I wasn’t as big on Manon.

B. I don’t know why… but I thought this was a trilogy. Turns out, it’s a set of 6. Now I have to wait a year for the next one to come out! Damn unfinished series!

My Verdict – 4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir of Fire.

September 11, 2014 – Shelved