Catherine's Reviews > Fangirl

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Sep 11, 2014

Actual rating: 4.25 stars

Finally finished this book, and I'm so glad I did. The beginning of Fangirl was extremely slow for me because I couldn’t relate to Cath, which I really like to do with a book’s main character; she frustrated me with her ceaseless dislike for change. However, I really enjoyed the second half of the novel because that’s where she started developing as an individual. She became more realistic as a multidimensional character, someone who is a home-body and anxious for the future, but also caring and willing to do anything for the ones she loves. The romance was super adorable and sweet, as I had expected. Levi was supportive, cheerful, and sweet all the time, but it just seemed like that one side of him was the only side. It would be fascinating to see Cath meet his family and visit the farm to see a different side of his character to make him more realistic.

Read a more indepth review on my blog: here
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fangirl.

Quotes Catherine Liked

Rainbow Rowell
“In new situations, all the trickiest rules are the ones nobody bothers to explain to you. (And the ones you can't Google.)”

Rainbow Rowell
“Reagan was sitting up at Cath's desk when Cath woke up.
"Are you awake?"
"Have you been watching me sleep?"
"Yes, Bella. Are you awake?"
"No.”

“I miss you."
"That's stupid," she said. "I saw you this morning."
"It's not the time," Levi said, and she could hear that he was smiling." It's the distance.”

September 11, 2014 – Started Reading