Luvflix's Reviews > Love Means... No Shame

liked it
bookshelves: m-m, pick-it-for-me-challenge, farm
Read from June 01 to 04, 2010

3.5 stars.

If you want a sweet, heart felt romance, this is a great pick. Centering around Geoff who is a sleep 'em and leave 'em kind of guy from the city, he takes over the family farm after the passing of his dad. I adored the relationship between him and his dad's partner, Len; their caring for each other during their grief was beautiful. And you always have to have a good side kick and Geoff's friend from the city, Raine, had the dry, jaded attitude that you would expect from a city kid.

Enter Eli, a young Amish man who is having his traditional 'Rumspringa', a period before they get baptized into their community and get to explore the world outside the Amish. His quiet, caring nature is everything that Geoff's lovers from the city were not, and an immediate attraction ensues.

My only hitch with this story, was there were some elements in the story seemed to happen for no reason. The story flowed along nicely, but with little angst or problems to overcome. I couldn't see why the sickness happened, as it just laid there without developing their relationship further - it just happened, he got better, and the story moved on. The relationship almost came about too easily considering Geoff's background and Eli's traditions. And what happened with Eli at the end (you'll have to read to find out what I mean), to me there could have been a little more angst to justify the ending. Having said that the period before the ending made me actually cry, so Andrew Grey must be doing something right.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Means... No Shame.

06/02/2010 page 27