Gretchen (About That Story)'s Reviews > The Prince

The Prince by Sylvain Reynard

bookshelves: 2015-reads, paranormal-romance, arc-read

I found this story extremely intriguing and captivating! Sylvain Reynard has such a specific writing style, so eloquent, it almost has an old fashioned feel to it but it's modern and fresh. I don't know how to explain it but I really, really like it!

Great introduction! It had this dark and mysterious feel to it and there's a great paranormal element at play. The Prince is fascinating and complex. I loved all the little details learned about him. There is definitely an interesting dynamic in the city where the Prince lives with those of his kind and I liked it a lot. I was excited and anticipating what would happen next. There was a nice amount of conflict in this with some action thrown in, my kind of story! I really liked how the story was laid out and got a good feel for the Prince’s world. All the characters that were introduced were interesting as well. I’m excited to see what will happen next.

I really liked how Gabriel and Julia (from the Gabriel’s Inferno series) were tied into the story as well. They are always so romantic and sensual together and you could definitely feel that in this. I found the Prince’s fascination with the Emerson's extremely intriguing, he just couldn't seem to pull his thoughts away from them.

Romantic and mysterious, beautifully written. I am highly anticipating The Raven now!

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince.

September 11, 2014 – Shelved
September 11, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 14, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads
January 14, 2015 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
Started Reading
January 15, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-read

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Bookish Temptations YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gretchen  (About That Story) Bookish wrote: "YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It killed me that I couldn't jump right into it when I got it. :-)

Bookish Temptations I know what you mean!!! Sucks when you have to wait to read something you really want to :)