AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > Wrangell-St. Elias: America's Largest National Park

Wrangell-St. Elias by George Herben

Jun 01, 2010

bookshelves: travel

Teton County Library Call No: 979.83 HERBEN
Mark A's rating: 5 stars

I bought my copy of George Herben’s Picture journey’s in Alaska’s Wrangell-St. Elias: America’s largest national park in a small general store near McCarthy Alaska in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park after a weeklong backpacking/trail maintenance trip on the Dixie Pass Trail in the park. After being completely enthralled with what I saw and experienced myself, Mr. Herben’s amazing aerial and ground level photos and commentary not only took me back to my wondrous week, it showed me the ...more I bought my copy of George Herben’s Picture journey’s in Alaska’s Wrangell-St. Elias: America’s largest national park in a small general store near McCarthy Alaska in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park after a weeklong backpacking/trail maintenance trip on the Dixie Pass Trail in the park. After being completely enthralled with what I saw and experienced myself, Mr. Herben’s amazing aerial and ground level photos and commentary not only took me back to my wondrous week, it showed me the park in a way I had yet to see. Eleven years later I still find myself opening it up to learn and see more about the park and the Wrangell Mountains with their spectacular 16,000’ plus peaks. Mr. Herben’s book is for those interested in exploring the ruggedness and beauty of Alaska’s Wrangell-St. Elias National park in pictures and stories for the first time or the 100th.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrangell-St. Elias.