Annika Paxman's Reviews > Standing for Something: 10 Neglected Virtues That Will Heal Our Hearts and Homes

Standing for Something by Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 01, 2010

I could never express adequate praise for this magnificant work. Having skimmed it years ago, I never fully appreciated President Hinkley's candid, and unequivocal assertions for the moral decay of society, and the crumbling of our families and homes. His simple solutions evoke a desire in the reader to do better today than yesterday, and instill a hope for the future of our children, and generations to follow. A truly inspired work.

"No nation can rise above the strength of its homes or the virtue of it's people. The time has come for good people everwhere to demonstrate that they stand for something-something that is virtuous and clean and worthwhile. To that end, may we move forward with faith in the Almighty, and with a determination to live virtuous lives and to return our society the element of goodness on which it was founded."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Standing for Something.