AH's Reviews > California

California by Edan Lepucki

did not like it
bookshelves: audio-book, free-downloads, green, ford-audio-book-club, zzread-dec-2014

Ford Audio Book Club free download 9/11/14. (You need to join the GR Ford book club, add the book to your to-read shelf and they'll send you a code to download - 12/26/14 - offer no longer valid, but if you like audio books, join this club - they offer a free audio book every 6-8 weeks or so.)

This book has been getting some wonderful reviews. Unfortunately, mine isn't one of them. I listened to the audio book and I found myself snoozing and dozing off repeatedly. I'm not sure if it was the narrator - I've listened to her a few times and have enjoyed her narration. I just could not get into this story. It's probably just a case of "not my cup of tea."

I just found the book to be dull and boring and I couldn't wait for it to be over. I had no idea why the world was the way it was and having looked at some of the reviews for this book and some of the Q&A, it seems that there was a range of opinions as well.

Anyhow, thanks Ford for a chance to listen to this book. Better luck next time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read California.

September 10, 2014 – Shelved
December 22, 2014 – Started Reading
December 23, 2014 –
page 180
45.8% "Halfway through but I keep dozing off during the audio book. I may have to get a paper copy of this book."
December 26, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

༄LEAH༄ Hey, just wondering if you got your code yet, because I had to add it to my "currently reading" before I actually got the code.

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 1 star

AH It needs to be on your to-read list and the code can take up to 24 hours to arrive. I think I waited overnight.

Wendy Darling "Dull and boring." ---> YES.

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 1 star

AH Wendy Darling wrote: ""Dull and boring." ---> YES."

Phew. I thought it was only me.