Maggie Simms's Reviews > Made of Stars

Made of Stars by Kelley York

bookshelves: abuse, angst, bisexual, dark, endearing-character, m-f, suspense, ya, no-hea-or-hfn

Oh this book...

If I were to rate this book on the journey I would rate it a 5++ stars. If I were to rate it on the destination, it would be a 1 star. I want to be fair and focus on 90 percent of the book for rating purposes.

This is a book that had two things that I was iffy about: One of the two narrators is a female. And it is told in first person present tense (my least favorite). I still went for it because Hushed is one of my favorite books. It was the right choice because this book was fabulous ...until the end.

The author is brilliant. She has amazing storytelling abilities. I was very vested in her characters.

I just absolutely loved Hunter and Chance. They were both so endearing. I was rooting for them to find a way to make it work. The moments that they were together were sooo beautiful and heart-warming. I got butterflies in my stomach each time they kissed.

Ashlin was also a great character. I liked her quite well. She wasn't just a simple fag hag. She was kickass awesome.

Chance was my favorite character. He had suffered so much. My heart went out to him. I was rooting for him to come out of all that darkness and see the light.

Then the end came...

I like my books angsty and edgy even dark as long as it is all worth it in the end. There was no catharsis here nor hope. I was basically left heartbroken and feeling hopeless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Made of Stars.

Finished Reading