Amy | Foxy Blogs's Reviews > Becoming Calder

Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan

bookshelves: 2014-books, 5-stars-2014, arc-or-netgalley, summer-2014-5-stars, september-2014

Live -> http://amzn.to/1Aojkqa

WOW!!! BECOMING CALDER was memorizing.

I started this book without reading the blurb so I spent a little bit of time in the beginning trying to figure out what sub genre this book fell under- fantasy, dystopia, paranormal, etc. But rest assured it is not any of those genres and had I actually read the blurb I would have figured that out.

Awhile back I had read a book by Mia Sheridan and loved it so when I was given the opportunity to read this one I didn't hesitate. I'm thankful for that gut reaction because this book was amazing.

All throughout BECOMING CALDER we hear about an impending storm / flood and the implications of what will happen once it hits. Waiting for that disturbing storm made my heart race.

Becoming Calder is placed in a culture cut off from society by choice. Within this society a forbidden love smolders between Calder and Eden. Their love threatens to destroy the social structure and the greater good of their community. Their own personal desires are sacrificed to assure the destiny of others will be secure.

description

BUT WHAT IF??
What if -the forecast goes against their aspirations ... will their own personal desires take precedence over others?
What if -they decided to buck the system in favor of their own individual ambitions ... will society crumble and fade away or will life continue on?

Every once in awhile a book comes along that leaves you "wow-ed"! When I finished this book I sat there letting everything sink in. Becoming Calder is an unique circumstance that opens the eyes of the readers and shows them a foreign way of living.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Release date: 10/5/2014
Pre-order | order: http://amzn.to/1Aojkqa
Finding Eden: order: http://amzn.to/1rc0UmY

SERIES:
Becoming Calder (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan Finding Eden (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan
THIS IS THE FIRST PART IN A TWO-PART SIGN OF LOVE SERIES INSPIRED BY AQUARIUS. THE SECOND PART, FINDING EDEN, WILL RELEASE SIMULTANEOUSLY.

**Complimentary copy courtesy of Mia Sheridan in exchange for an honest review.**

descriptive text here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming Calder.

September 7, 2014 – Shelved
September 7, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 14, 2014 – Started Reading
September 14, 2014 –
7.0% "Love the lily metaphor\n \n description"
19.0% "description"
22.0% "description"
September 15, 2014 –
43.0% "These are making me so nervous\n \n description"
September 15, 2014 –
48.0% "Keep your friends close but KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER\n \n description"
September 15, 2014 –
69.0% "Noooooo\n \n description"
September 16, 2014 –
89.0% "OMG!!! This can't be good!\n \n description"
September 16, 2014 –
94.0% "OH NO!\n \n description"
September 16, 2014 –
96.0% "I can't breathe...this has gone terribly wrong\n \n description"
September 16, 2014 –
100.0% "Loved it\n \n description"
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-books
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars-2014
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-or-netgalley
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: summer-2014-5-stars
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: september-2014
September 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)

message 1: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Loves Books Wonderful review, Amy!

Amy | Foxy Blogs Sammy, the Cyborg Slut wrote: "Wonderful review, Amy!"

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Wow gorgeous review Foxy love it, I've yet to read this author!!! Xo

message 4: by Mysza (new) - added it

Mysza Great review Amy!

FMABookReviews Perfect review, Amy!

Brandi Wonderful review, Amy! :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Mrs Katy Q Mercer ❤️ Loves her Master ❤️ wrote: "Wow gorgeous review Foxy love it, I've yet to read this author!!! Xo"

Thank you so much, Katy!! ♥
Yes, you do need to read this author. #bookwormproblems :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Mysza wrote: "Great review Amy!"

Amy | Foxy Blogs FMABookReviews wrote: "Perfect review, Amy!"

Thank you, FMA! So glad we were able to discuss this book! I needed an ear to listen to me. lol

Amy | Foxy Blogs Brandi wrote: "Wonderful review, Amy! :)"

Won't be long before you tear through it. :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Great review Amy! Glad you enjoyed this one too.

Athena Great review Amy! I love all of Mia's books and I can't wait to read this one!

Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer Awesome review Foxy!!! :)
So books 1 & 2 are releasing same day???
Did you get the ARC to Book 2?
I love this author's writing!!
xoxoxo

message 14: by Didi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Didi Awesome review Amy!

Amy | Foxy Blogs Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Great review Amy! Glad you enjoyed this one too."

Thank you, Feifei! ♥ Yay...I'm glad we both liked this book

Amy | Foxy Blogs Athena wrote: "Great review Amy! I love all of Mia's books and I can't wait to read this one!"

Thank you, Athena! You're in for a treat with this book...it's very different from anything I've read. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Patty❤️❤️Belongs To❤️Kellan Kyle❤️AND❤️Jesse Ward❤️❤️ wrote: "Awesome review Foxy!!! :)
So books 1 & 2 are releasing same day???
Did you get the ARC to Book 2?
I love this author's writing!!
xoxoxo"

Yep..same day - exciting huh?! No waiting to find out what is to come.
I haven't gotten an arc for book two. I'm not sure if she is giving an arc for book 2 or not. :) But I must read book 2.
I can't wait to see your review for this one. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Didi wrote: "Awesome review Amy!"

Jae (Bookish Bluebird) Lovely review, Amy! Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! Was the one book by Mia Sheridan that you read Archer's voice? Cause if you haven't read that, you should. It's a must-read I tell ya! The entire series is though haha :D

Amy | Foxy Blogs blueJae wrote: "Lovely review, Amy! Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! Was the one book by Mia Sheridan that you read Archer's voice? Cause if you haven't read that, you should. It's a must-read I tel..."

Thanks, Jennifer! ♥
I actually read Leo last summer. But now I'm curious about Archer's Voice. It seems to be a fan favorite! Once I get caught up in my reading I'll try to remember to look into it. :)

message 21: by S.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.M. West Fantastic review, Amy! I can't wait for this one. xx

message 22: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Great review Amy!!! This one is on my list!!!

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Foxy! Even more intrigued now ;)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Suzanne wrote: "Fantastic review, Amy! I can't wait for this one. xx"

Thank you, Suzanne! ♥
It's so uniquely different that it really captures the reader. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Karen wrote: "Great review Amy!!! This one is on my list!!!"

Thank you, Karen!!! ♥
Yay!! I hope you love it also!

Amy | Foxy Blogs Kristin (KC) wrote: "Wonderful review, Foxy! Even more intrigued now ;)"

Thanks, KC! ♥
You'll love that it is different from anything we've read so far. :)

Cindy Fab review and gifs your gifs are something to look forward to!!:D

message 28: by ♥Sharon♥ (new) - added it

♥Sharon♥ Such a great review Amy. xo

message 29: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Awesome review, Amy!! :D

Amy | Foxy Blogs Cindy wrote: "Fab review and gifs your gifs are something to look forward to!!:D"

Thank you, Cindy ♥ A little less than 2 weeks to go!! It's worth the wait. Eeeeee. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Such a great review Amy. xo"

Thanks, Sharon
Looking forward to your artwork on this one. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "Awesome review, Amy!! :D"

Thank you, Destini ♥ Can't wait to see what you think of Calder and Eden. :)

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review Amy❤️

message 34: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fabulous review Amy!

Kristen Great review, Amy. xoxo

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Fantastic review. I can't wait to tuck into this series.

message 38: by Beverly (new) - added it

Beverly Lovely review and images GA!

ღFloღ the coffee addict Fabulous review, Amy!! xx

Amy | Foxy Blogs Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review Amy❤️"

Amy | Foxy Blogs Jen wrote: "Fabulous review Amy!"

Thanks, Jen ♥ xoxo

Amy | Foxy Blogs Kristen (Peddler of Smut) wrote: "Great review, Amy. xoxo"

Have fun with this book. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Sandyღ wrote: "Fab review Amy:)!"

Enjoy this book. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Fantastic review. I can't wait to tuck into this series."

Thanks, Stephanie
It's so different...I think you'll like the change from the norm. xoxo

Amy | Foxy Blogs Beverly wrote: "Lovely review and images GA!"

Awe, thanks, BB ♥♥

Amy | Foxy Blogs ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Fabulous review, Amy!! xx"

Thanks, Flo ♥ xoxo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Fabulous review Amy! :))xo

Amy | Foxy Blogs MELISSA wrote: "Fabulous review Amy! :))xo"

Can't wait to see what you think of this book. :)

MELISSA *Mel Reader* I am looking forward to reading this one! It sounds amazing! :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

With these books which should I read first? Or does it really matter?

« previous 1