Ayah's Reviews > Dead Over Heels

Dead Over Heels by Alison Kemper

22312062

bookshelves: the-challenge-2014, read-for-review, netgalley, 2nd-in-series, arc

My Review:

I received an eARC copy of Dead Over Heels from the author in exchange with an honest review.

Dead over Heels is a companion to Donna of the Dead, so you don't have to read the first book to read this one. But then, you will be missing all the awesomeness of the first book.

In the contrary with the first novel, Dead Over Heels has much more romance than the first book.It is mostly based on two main characters, Eva and Cole, rather than a bigger group of friends/classmates. Which was really interesting because the author was able to share the story with the readers using both perspectives.

The setting was in the woods, which makes running away from zombies a bit more difficult because there is no safe place to hide that is anywhere near!\

Speaking of zombies, there are not actually dead. However, their brains are. It caused by some kind of new flew spreading all around the world.

Is there any humor in it at all ? YES, there were times were I could not stop laughing!

Opps I did again, reread few parts when I finished the book :)

Back to the Romance, it was one of my favorite types! You know, when two people can barely stand each other and as time flies they fall in love!

I think the events of Dead Over Heals occurs somewhere either at the same time or somehow before the events of Donna of the Dead. I believe in the third and last book would somehow come together to fight this flu??? I am not sure, but that would totally kick ass !

This is such a great read if you are going through a reading slump, or if you want something packed with adventure, humor, and romance, something that you would get into so easily.

So basically Dead Over Heals is a great read with zombie frosting and romance topping!

I give this book 5/5 stars and an A according to my own rating scale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Over Heels.

September 7, 2014 – Shelved
September 7, 2014 – Shelved as: 2nd-in-series
September 7, 2014 – Shelved as: arc
September 10, 2014 –
page 31
11.52% "loving it already :)"
September 11, 2014 – Started Reading