Lubna's Reviews > Breakfast in Bed

May 30, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads
Read in June, 2010

I won this book in the GoodReads giveaway. Romance is not something that I often read, but perhaps the pouring rain, made for an ideal setting to snuggle into a comfortable chair and read this.
It is mushy and filled with fantasy love scenes, which I guess all romantic books are.
That said, the story line was good and realistic, I guess such things can happen in real life. Also the setting of a bed and breakfast run by Sloan Fairchild was good.
It was all about the 'heroine' as they would term it in Bollywood falling for her best friends finance. However, like a typical Bollywood movie it has a happy ending.
I loved the fact that the 'hero' was a famous writer, albeit of romantic novels. The most touching part in this book for me was when the hero, Carter Madisn wants the heroine, Sloan Fairchild to read a draft of his book - it means they did share something deeper than just physical lust.
However, I wish the author had dealt a bit more of the complexities of humans. What thoughts crossed the minds of Sloan, when she fell for her best friend's fiancée. The outcome in this book, was a bit too easy to gauge.
I would say, read this book, if you like romance. But, I know it would make for a great Bollywood movie.
Along with this give away, Sandra Brown, the author also sent a copy of Tempest in Eden - I really liked this book. I am often intrigued how two people from completely different backgrounds can make a marriage work. Well, here, an artist's model - who poses in the nude, marries a Minister. They adjust and make for a happily married couple.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast in Bed.