Ronyell's Reviews > Need

Need by Carrie Jones

May 29, 2010

bookshelves: summer-100-book-challenge-2010, goodreads-group-reads, read-in-2010, 1st-person-pov, carrie-jones, fantasy, my-blog-reviews, paranormal-romance, strong-heroine, strong-hero, young-adult-teen-books
Recommended to Ronyell by: !!!Books Are My Life!!! Monthly Group Read

“Need” is one of the first paranormal books I have read in my life and I can tell you that I really enjoyed reading this book! “Need” is a paranormal book written by Carrie Jones and it is about how Zara White realizes that a mysterious stranger has followed her from her hometown Charleston to her new home in Maine. “Need” is a brilliant book that will be a huge hit for paranormal fans.

What can I say? Carrie Jones has really brought life to this paranormal romantic story. Carrie Jones has made the book extremely intense yet charming at the same time as Zara White is a truly wonderful character in this book. Zara is not afraid to speak her mind as she is genuinely interested in World Peace and she tells everyone her desire to be a pacifist with such passion that it makes her a truly admirable and courageous character. Another character who is truly memorable in this book is Nick Colt as he seems like a mysterious character, but as the story progresses, he becomes a close friend to Zara as he is willing to protect her from any danger. Carrie Jones brings creativity to this book as each chapter is named after various types of phobias that Zara experiences in her adventures in Maine such as one chapter being called “Didaskaleinophobia – fear of going to school” and another chapter is called “Sitophobia – fear of eating.”

For adults who do not like bad language in books, this book has a couple of mild profanities, but the profanities in this book are not as strong as some of the books and it might not affect many adults who dislike bad language in books.

“Need” is a truly mesmerizing book full of mystery and romance that any hardcore paranormal fan will for ages.

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Need.

May 29, 2010 – Started Reading
May 29, 2010 – Shelved
June 7, 2010 –
page 32
10.46% "Getting pretty interesting..."
June 9, 2010 –
page 80
26.14% "Who is this mysterious stranger?"
June 10, 2010 –
0.0% "I'm on page 130 and things are getting weirder for Zara!"
June 11, 2010 –
page 180
58.82% "Secrets are unlocked and the plot grows thicker!!"
June 14, 2010 –
page 240
78.43% "Romance is blossoming, but trouble is brewing!!"
June 17, 2010 –
page 306
100.0% "Finished!!! And I loved it!!!!"
June 17, 2010 – Shelved as: summer-100-book-challenge-2010
September 16, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
September 16, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-heroine
September 16, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-hero
September 16, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult-teen-books

Ronyell Nenia *The Flagrant Liberal* wrote: "Oooooh you should definitely read more paranormals. :D"