Jess's Reviews > The Spellman Files

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz

May 29, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, mystery

This book was THE most convoluted, meandering, laugh inducing, confusion creating, scratch your head wondering thing I've EVER read! And yet it worked. The characters were definitely "out there", but they were still amusing and believable. Half the time I'd find myself trying to remember what the hell the book was about, but all the break off stories and flashbacks seemed useless, but in the end they all made sense. I'll definitely read the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spellman Files.

May 29, 2010 – Shelved
June 17, 2010 – Started Reading
June 18, 2010 –
page 68
19.26% "Really good!"
June 18, 2010 – Shelved as: 2010
June 18, 2010 – Shelved as: mystery
June 18, 2010 – Finished Reading

Leslie You're review said it all! Can you imagine growing up in that household? Changing the deadbolt locks on your bedroom door every 6 months?!?! WTH?!?
I never laughed, snorted, chuckled, and giggled more reading any other book.
I am definately continuing with the series. Did you read the excerpt for the next book? I generally try not too, but I couldn't help myself this time. Seems like the next will be a rollercoaster ride like the first!

Jess I know, it would be terrible growing up in that family. Yeah I already plowed through the next 3. I was upset because I thought the series was over, but there's a fifth book coming out and that one will be the last.

Such a great series!!!