Nay Denise's Reviews > The Last Seer

The Last Seer by Cerece Rennie Murphy

bookshelves: arcs, own-physical-copy, blog-tours

I received an Arc copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cerece Rennie Murphy … let me just say that this trilogy was perfect in every way! I cannot believe how captivated and invested I was in these characters. It was amazing to see each character grow, new ones evolve and dangers arise.

Lilith and Joel were so brave and awesome! I always knew that Lilith was something different and special from the other Seers. She just had so much going for herself. I love how she battled within herself to stay and transcend. She's stay as long as possible to be a support for her brother, very sisterly of her. Joel was fantastic as well, but learning that he could do what Lilith did made their relationship mean something much more for me. I love how they self sacrificed themselves in the end for the greater good. Fabulous.

Liam and Alessandra are just too sweet and adorable as a couple. When faced with danger they both froze up which is totally understandable, I mean those demons were insane. I loved how they both got back in to action for themselves and made sure to help however they could. I cannot believe they are pregnant and with a girl! It brings new light into the way things ended for Lilith. I mean it is so cute, but having their child look like all the Seers is very interesting. Will she be a new kind of Seer?

I cannot believe Marcus was alive! Not physically, but in the spiritual sense that Lilith and Joel transcended to -- that made my heart smile so much with that thought.

Andreas was such an idiot just as Crane was. I didn't get why he felt he could protect himself from the demons by helping them kill the Lost Seers. It only gave him a few days longer to live and in the end he died just like the rest -- probably worst. I hated how he betrayed the Guild.

The Guild was unbelievable in this book. I love how at the beginning they didn't want to give into the Joel and the Lost Seers out of pride, but in the end they gave in for the greater good. I am so happy that not all of them decided to stand with Andreas.

The "demons" were insane…I have a theory that these "demons" are really fallen angels which means they fell out of grace with god and had their powers taken away. I hated these characters because they had no emotion and only one mission: kill Lost Seers. They were despicable and I'm glad in the end they lost.

I totally enjoyed this trilogy, it was a different take on a sci-fi novel for me. Awesome conclusion and outstanding trilogy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Seer.

September 4, 2014 – Shelved
October 25, 2014 –
page 67
October 29, 2014 –
page 138
60.53% "Damn this is intense as ever!!!"
October 29, 2014 – Finished Reading