Trudi's Reviews > Through The Veil

Through The Veil by Christi Snow

bookshelves: romance, dystopian

I loved this book and could not put it down! Christi Snow created a fascinating world with an intriguing storyline and characters.

A gorge and veil separates the United States into the WS (Western States) and ES (Eastern States). At the time the veil dropped, anyone over the age of 18 died and their bodies disappeared.

Lori is a member of the ES and she also happens to be an "Other" meaning she has a special power. She has the ability to manipulate matter by touching it. She mistakenly tells her fiance of her ability and she is taken in to custody and caged like an animal.

She manages to escape and use her ability to get through the veil and into the WS society where she is found by Marcus.

The WS society developed wings when the veil fell and they live in tree houses to avoid the Predators who live on the ground and come out at night.

Marcus and Lori develop a connection to each other.

I love books that make me feel as if I'm there with the characters and make me feel as if I know them personally. I am completely fascinated by the WS society and abilities of the Others. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC and to Christi Snow for introducing me to a fascinating new world.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through The Veil.

September 4, 2014 – Shelved