Becky Willis's Reviews > I'm Still Here

I'm Still Here by Kathryn R. Biel

Sep 03, 2014

This book is by far one of my favorites. The story was one you didn't want to put down and the story was a great turn of events.

Esther is a low paid social worker (as most are), and is barely making ends meet. Her car is on its last leg and she hasn’t had a relationship since her short lived marriage to Dickie Cox. After changing her mind about going to a speed-dating gathering, Esther grabs some Ho-hos and Fritos and makes her way home to her apartment. On her drive home she is t-boned by another vehicle, her airbag deploys leaving Ho-ho crumbs and cream on her face and eyebrows.

Out of a fog a handsome man gets her out of her car and explains she has been in an accident. Then out of no where Esther hears a girl yell a familiar phrase that only she and Aster would say to one another.

This is where the story takes off and will keep you reading until you are done. The different characters are all interwoven. You will fight for Esther, laugh with her and at a time or two cry for her. Her character is stronger than she realizes when she is faced with adversity and challenges.

A bit of drama, romance and discovery all wrapped into one!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Still Here.

Started Reading