Jackie's Reviews > To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

bookshelves: favorites, my-heart-hurts
Read 2 times. Last read January 17, 2020 to January 29, 2020.

this was still as adorable as i remembered it!!! i can't wait to finally continue the series and hopefully read the second book before the movie comes out lol
_____________

can someone pls tell me why I always wait so long to read popular/hyped books?? most of the time I end up LOVING them and having way too many regrets about not having read them earlier and I just... WHY.

this was honestly one of the most adorable YA contemporaries I've ever read and I loved (almost) everything about it!

(by the way, before i get into this, i’m guessing this love triangle will continue in the next books so i just wanted to announce that i’m rooting for Peter)

++ THE CONCEPT ++

the concept of this book was so unique! i really liked the idea of Lara Jean's secret love letters being sent out like,, can you imagine if all of your past crushes suddenly found out about your crush?? it's one of the most HORRIFYING things that could happen to me ngl but it makes for an interesting plot!

I've never actually written a love letter before, but there are some EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING diary entries and honestly if anyone ever read them, especially the person that they're about,, I'd pack my bags, get on a flight to a deserted island, dig my own grave and have my own funeral right then and there. rip jackie.

++ THE CHARACTERS/FAMILY ++

- Lara Jean was such a relatable character, she's so cute and quirky, she likes to bake, she was rlly anxious all the time because she's new to the whole relationship & having a friend thing and she also didn't like attention and I'm just like MEEEEEE
- pls protect her my smol child
- she's also Korean and I liked that her culture was represented ie. when they made Korean food
- Kitty is absolutely RUTHLESS and I love her. HOW IS SHE SO MEAN AS A 10 (?? i forgot her age tbh) YEAR OLD I NEED HER CONFIDENCE AND SASS.
- she's literally the definition of a Slytherin
- Peter is exactly what I like in male characters?? ya know when they have this reputation of being a bad boy and they're extremely arrogant and flirty, but deep down they're really sweet and soft,, i know it's rlly cliché but GOD i just love it okAy
- don't judge me
- and I ship Lara Jean and Peter so much THEY BETTER BE ENDGAME
- I ALSO LOVED THE FAMILY ASPECT!!!
- it's so rare to read books where family actually plays a big part and i was SO HAPPY to see it in this book. the sisterly bond!!! the parent who actually cares about their children!! they actually talk about life stuff!! and make food together!! i love it!!

++ ALL THE FOOD ++

- oh my god this book made me so HUNGRY
- literally every other chapter they'd be talking about food or MAKING FOOD or talking about making food and dfjghfdjg
- it's literally the reason why i started baking again
- Lara Jean was like a lil mum bc she was actually making lunch/dinner for her family and preparing Kitty's food for school or RANDOMLY MAKING COOKIES ALL THE TIME
- i wanna be like that
- #goals

++ FAKE DATING ++

OH. MY. GOD. THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE TROPES. as soon as you tell me a story has fake dating in it, I'M SOLD. we all know how these stories end—the relationship is strictly friendly at first, no feelings whatsoever, but then the characters get to know each other and they're slowly falling for each other and djhdfhjg I LIVE FOR IT.

hmu if you have other fake dating books that you love thanks.

++ DISLIKES ++

-the whole Josh/Lara Jean plotline was really messy like who would go after their sister's ex-boyfriend ((view spoiler))
-Peter was a bit of a dick sometimes and I hated how he often went back to Genevieve even though he was in a relationship with Lara Jean (i get that it was fake but STILL)
- this has a love triangle but i honestly didn't mind it that much?? i was rooting for Peter the whole time and i was pretty annoyed by Josh but it wasn't too bad!

but yeah, I loved this book so much!!!!!! it's super cute!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

September 2, 2014 – Shelved
September 2, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 23, 2018 – Started Reading
February 23, 2018 –
42.0% "this is so cheesy and cute I’M EATING IT UP"
February 24, 2018 –
77.0% "THIS BOOK MAKES ME SO HUNGRY"
February 25, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 22, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
June 22, 2018 – Shelved as: my-heart-hurts
January 17, 2020 – Started Reading
January 29, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ oh sweetie no you're in for a WHOLE NEW love triangle

Jackie may ➹ wrote: "oh sweetie no you're in for a WHOLE NEW love triangle"

w...hAt no please say you're kidding