Lauren's Reviews > His Mistress By Morning

His Mistress By Morning by Elizabeth Boyle

bookshelves: owned-books

I've been floundering for DAYS to find a novel in my vast collection that caught my eye. I am usually prone to the normal historical romance, sometimes I enjoy friends turned lover, jealous siblings, disdain turned to love. That kinda business. So I ran across this book which I had bought in a used book store for a good price and let sit for YEARS. I have a habit of this. I read the synopsis, and bored with my normal reading, had to give it a try. And let me tell you, it paid off! From the first chapter I was enraptured by the main character, Charlotte, later referred to as Lottie. How painfully awkward she was around this man who didn't even see her. But when her wish for his love is granted, things take a very different turn. Some might find their personality changes implausible. But I found them stunning. It's been too long since I found a book that I read straight through. 6 hours later I found my mind wandering because I simply did not want it to end. I have a lot of Elizabeth Boyle's books in my backlog and you better believe I'll be digging them out now! I suppose I should mention something about the actual story itself....although you'd be remiss to listen to any of these silly reviews! Instead, just read it! For those of you who'd like to actually hear about the book, here goes. Charlotte is a plain-ish miss with no spark. Her wish was granted to earn the love of her long pined after Sebastian but the wish goes awry when she is only granted him as an infamous mistress. Her reputation was blackened and prevented their love from blossoming so many times. The lovemaking scenes are beautifully and tastefully done. I'm not sure what else to say except that you would be remiss to not give this book a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Mistress By Morning.

September 2, 2014 – Shelved