Emily's Reviews > The Declaration

The Declaration by Gemma Malley

** spoiler alert ** Okay, it wasn’t bad. It’s not a 5 star but I’ll graciously give it 4 stars. 5 stars would be if I’d read it more than once lol. The MC, Anna, like most YA or dystopian girls was uptight and kind of a brat.

This book is all about longevity and living forever if it meant you couldn’t have kids. As long as you agreed to that, you were given longevity pills to live forever. Cancer was cured, aids was cured, everything was cured. There are no illnesses. Instead, if you have a child illegally, you’re sent to prison and your child goes into a group home (essentially) where they are taught and told they are abominations and shouldn’t be alive and that they’ll be slaves forever to legal people. And they were told their parents hated them and that was another reason they were there. I’d say about 98% of the kids believed it. Even Anna.

Anna was the model surplus and did everything she was told. Until she met Peter. He eventually talked her into escaping with him so he could take her back to her parents who did love her. He came to rescue her you see.

My biggest shock in the whole story was when the truth about Peter and his heritage came out. That was pretty much all the excitement lol. I hated that Anna’s parents did what they do but I can understand it.

overall, it was a good read. And it’s a quick read too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Declaration.

September 2, 2014 – Shelved