Cathy 's Reviews > The Accidental Dragon

The Accidental Dragon by Dakota Cassidy

bookshelves: angels-demons, dragon, paranormal, fantasy, read-in-2015, romance, shifter-not-wolf, vampire, werewolf, urban

I love this series. Cassidy is magic at bringing abundant and genuine love and warmth into her books, it almost feels like it fills up the room when I'm reading them. The romance between the couples is always nice, she writes great characters that are funny, real and likable, and of course I want them to overcome whatever their problem is and get their HEA. Tessa and Mick were enjoyable, though they didn't get as much time as characters in one of her other series might because this book was crowded with the rest of the family coming in and out to help them overcome the demon who was after them. But that was great by me because the heart of the book and the series is the Accidental family. Nina was the star of this one, that soft marshmallow inside covered by the hard chocolate shell. But much of the family showed up to help save the day, including Marty and Wanda, Archibald and Carl, Darnell and Casey, and more for brief appearances. The warmth and humor and love and loyalty that these people feel for each other is wonderful to experience. Most romance novels are all about the couple (or triangle) and the reader is supposed to be fantasizing about their own romance and true love and whatever, but with this series I wish I could be a part of this crowd of crazy but wonderful people who love each other so much. But at least I get to experience it every once in a while when a new books comes out.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the laugh out loud funny! The books are always funny, but this one really got me when Tessa and Frank were singing show tunes in Hell. Tessa's The Sound of Music lyrics were priceless. And I'll never hear The Circle of Life again without hearing, "Pennsyyylllvaniaaa!" Too funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Dragon.

August 1, 2014 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
August 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
September 2, 2014 – Shelved