Farrah's Reviews > Claimed By Light

Claimed By Light by Reese Monroe

A wonderful addition to the series, Claimed by Light was a lovely New Adult paranormal read. With romance, danger, and a few twists, this book was great and I really liked it.

Halena was a tough heroine. She could take down several demons and not even break a sweat. Though, to be honest, she came off as cold at first. She was determined to keep people at a distance and that tended to make her seem mean. But, as the book went on, she opened up and I started to like her more and more. She was very loyal to the people she cared about and kinder than she let on. I thought she was a lovely character.

Slade was simply adorable. He was very loyal and protective of the people he cared about, particularly his sister and, later, Halena. He was very sweet, determined to do the right thing, even when the right thing wasn't so clear, and just all around wonderful. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was sweet. Halena and Slade were so sweet together, just totally devoted to each other (after Halena got over her stubbornness, of course). And, they had some chemistry, though the heat level stayed mild. I thought they were a perfect couple..

The plot was fast paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. There was plenty of danger to keep thing going, as well as a few secrets, particularly about Slade. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Claimed by Light was a lovely New Adult paranormal romance that I really enjoyed. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out. And, fans of the series, this book doesn't disappoint.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed By Light.

Started Reading