Kate 's Reviews > Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

May 25, 2010

HOLD ME CLOSER, NECROMANCER, by Lish McBride, is an exceptional story about a seemingly normal boy with an extraordinary gift that is both powerful and dangerous. Sam has always felt out of place and down on his luck until a very powerful necromancer senses him. Sam has just days to unleash his power or he will meet his demise.

I loved this book! I have read a handful of necromancer books and this one stood on its own quite successfully, due to the fact that a necromancer was not the only supernatural being present. McBride picked a wide-range of supernatural characters and placed them strategically in the book to make a well-orchestrated paranormal feast!

Sam is extremely likable. He may feel like a loser because he is a college drop-out, working in a fast food joint, and living in a less than desired apartment; but he is extremely honest with himself and has a fantastic group of friends. Ramon, Frank, and Brooke were probably the best friends anyone could ask for, especially in the whirl-wind situation Sam found himself in with Douglas. They researched, , and even lost part of themselves (you will understand when you read the book) in the fight to keep Sam alive. And Brid was also a great match for Sam. He broke down her hard exterior to understand her inner wolf. They were incredibly adorable even though the circumstances that brought them together was interesting to say the least.

With this amazing cast that McBride created the surprises just kept on coming. I laughed and nearly cried while reading this book, and I think anyone who loves paranormal will have a great time reading this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer.