Connor Martin's Reviews > The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

U 50x66
May 25, 2010

This book is a serious trip.
I have always been curious about the early sixties culture. with the onset of psychedelic drugs and a radical shift in music. things seem to be really interesting then. my father always says things to the effect of "everyone thought they were expanding their minds, but really they were just hurting themselves.". now i'm sure that we have a better understanding of the effects of drugs on the mind, short term and long term, now. but i wasn't sure that everyone could think that they had no adverse effects, or visa versa. So i thought that this might give me a better idea. a peak into the world of these people, and what they actually thought; turns out my dad was about half right. at least i think so. I'll admit that this story seems a little off the deep end. but if you sit down and give it your full attention, there are some really truly interesting things going on in the book. and its worth your while to give it your attention. the thing is though, if you start it you have to finish it. and you have to really pay attention. because if your not on top of it, then you'll miss the most important parts:::: also, this book is totally stream of consciousness, it flows like a river. so don't get stuck starting at one place in the river, just flow with it and see what you can and move on.
its cool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.