Lola 's Reviews > The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

it was ok
bookshelves: graphic-novel, mythology, mystery, fast-paced

I literally read this graphic novel in 30 minutes. It’s so fast-paced and there aren’t that many dialogs. In general, I didn’t find it bad but…the illustrations were awful.

The characters weren’t portrayed at all as I imagined them. While Percy and cie were supposed to look like kids, they were drawn as if they were 17-18 years old. Also, the world-building looked so cheap. More color than actual buildings or stuff here and there.

I didn’t feel the story's deepness enough for me to be captivated. The personality of the characters was fine but in a graphic novel the appearance is very important in my opinion so when the face doesn’t go with the personality and your view of those characters, it’s not a good thing.

Also, I didn’t feel the friendship between Percy and Grover at all, only a small connection. No atmosphere, no chemistry, it was flat.

It does follow the story, or at least tries to. The most important lines are there but many things are missing still (which I guess I can understand.)

Overall, it was okay but you’re definitely not missing a thing by choosing to not read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

August 30, 2014 – Started Reading