Lisa 's Reviews > Dead Man Stalking

Dead Man Stalking by Karen Cantwell

bookshelves: a-favorite-series, kindle-bought, cozy-mystery

There have been significant changes in Barb's life since the last book. This installment finds her on her own with no air conditioner. While her friend Vikki Cleveland goes out of town after her father's untimely death, she invites Barb to stay at her fancy house so she can benefit from the AC. Soon, Barb finds herself trying to solve a mystery with the aid of a time-traveling man, gun toting friends, and an unusual cast of characters. It all ends with an addition to Barb's family. I really enjoyed this story! It was a nice change of pace to have her kids and husband elsewhere. I'm not a big fan of possible fantasy/time-traveling elements, but I found it played okay in this instance. It was also neat that a character was named after my internet friend Vikki. My one and only concern is that the cats were left home alone for days in a house with no working air conditioner. Having once had to retrieve my parents' indoor-only cats from their house when their AC went out while they were out of state, I know just how miserable and stifling that kind of heat can be after only a few short hours. Fortunately, this is just fiction, and no harm came to the cats. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Man Stalking.

August 30, 2014 – Shelved