~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~'s Reviews > Spaghetti Western

Spaghetti Western by E.M. Lynley

bookshelves: m-m, save-a-horse-ride-a-cowboy

Take one Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and one Plaid Cowboy.

Add a family ranch failing to make a profit.

Throw in well-meaning but slightly meddlesome relatives.

Then top with a snooty, wealthy capitalist named Beef (he deserves to be called nothing else).

And what have you got?

This gem: a sweet, moderately angsty novel full of smex, cowboys, and sunsets.

Let's all take a moment.

The ranch life here feels pretty authentic. Colby is a real working cowboy. He wears boots, rides a horse, herds cattle, fixes fences, and fucks like he means it.

And Riley: He realizes the way to a man's heart is through his...um, boots. Especially when you wear those boots and nothing else.

This definitely works as a standalone novel. The writing was fabulous. I got totally lost in the story and may have cursed up a storm when Colby and Riley failed to communicate time and time again, until both of them were like a freight train hurling toward something nearly unforgivable.

I saw the book take a turn in that direction, and I was DYING INSIDE. But...(view spoiler)

I wanted to kick Beef to the nearest fence post and leave him there.

There is definitely some angst here, most of it stemming from miscommunication. But there's lots of sweetness too. This is at heart a romantic story about two guys from very different worlds who learn that they have a lot more in common than they could ever have imagined.

"Maybe I could buy you some cows for your birthday." Riley slid his palm up Colby's shaft, feeling the flesh harden.

"Now that's romantic."

"I can see you think so."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spaghetti Western.

August 29, 2014 – Shelved
August 29, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
September 15, 2014 – Shelved as: m-m
September 15, 2014 – Shelved as: save-a-horse-ride-a-cowboy
September 15, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Too Many Books Too Little Time Terrific review Dani!

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "COLBY!!!!!!!"

I feel like you know him? Do you know him???

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Terrific review Dani!"

Thanks, J! Fun to write. I love me some cowboys.

message 5: by Nick (new)

Nick Pageant Great review, Dani! Added.

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion ~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~ wrote: "Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "COLBY!!!!!!!"

I feel like you know him? Do you know him???"

Depends how you define "know". ;)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~ wrote: "Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ wrote: "COLBY!!!!!!!"

I feel like you know him? Do you know him???"

Depends how you define "know". ;)"

Any which way would be good for me.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Nick wrote: "Great review, Dani! Added."

The title and cover aren't super great, but the book was fun.

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Pageant ~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~ wrote: "Nick wrote: "Great review, Dani! Added."

The title and cover aren't super great, but the book was fun."

I actually didn't really look at the cover. Your pics were enough.

message 10: by Tessi4M (new) - added it

Tessi4M Awesome review, nothing better than cowboys (but that spoiler was mean - leading us on like that ;-))

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Great review Dani and EXCELLENT GIF, my God, that's passion! ;) x

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Brad wrote: "Great review! What about the rest of the series? Have you read it? Is it recommendable too?"

Sweets, I haven't. This is the first book. I would imagine they would be good since it's the same author, but I guess you never know.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Tessi4M wrote: "Awesome review, nothing better than cowboys (but that spoiler was mean - leading us on like that ;-))"

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Nick wrote: "I actually didn't really look at the cover. Your pics were e..."

A thousands words and all that....

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* wrote: "Great review Dani and EXCELLENT GIF, my God, that's passion! ;) x"

I do love that last gif. HAWTNESS.

message 15: by Tessi4M (new) - added it

Tessi4M ~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~ wrote: "It was totally mean, but I'm not sorry. ;) It's a major plot point, and I don't want to give it away.
"

That's ok - I trust you would warn me if there is no HFN/HEA, though? :-)

message 16: by Tessi4M (new) - added it

Tessi4M BTW, did you forget to maintain the rating? I don't see any stars?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Fantastic review, Dani ♥

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Tessi4M wrote: "BTW, did you forget to maintain the rating? I don't see any stars?"

I just noticed that. I'm easily distracted. Added 4 stars, but it was more like 4.25.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Tessi4M wrote: "~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~ wrote: "It was totally mean, but I'm not sorry. ;) It's a major plot point, and I don't want to give it away.
"

That's ok - I trust you would warn me if there is no HFN/HEA..."

Oh, yes, I always mention that at least in a spoiler.

(view spoiler)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ ~♥~Cathy~♥~ wrote: "Fantastic review, Dani ♥"

Thanks, Cathy!

Catherine YAY! I'm glad you loved this one. That bodes well for me. :)