Jen's Reviews > Tiger Eye

Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu

May 23, 2010

bookshelves: reviews
Read from October 18 to 19, 2010

I love to discover fantastic new-to-me authors like I now have with Marjorie M. Liu. She was on a panel at NYCC on shapeshifters in pararoms and also signed autographs for fans and I thought to myself that I really needed to get on the ball and start reading her books. If I hadn't already had this copy of Tiger Eye at home I would have bought one as soon as I was ready to read it.

Tiger Eye is one of the best paranormal romance novels I have read in some time. It has an exotic flavor that is missing from most; the Beijing setting at the beginning lends some of that flavor but it lingers even after it switches to California. The plot moves along at the right speed so it doesn't give you any opportunity to get bored and the characters were all pretty compelling. Hari pulled at my heart with his quiet dignity and I wanted to jump in this book and tear at the Magi myself. Dela and her metal-sense was pretty darn cool; I mean, who doesn't think that chicks who know their weapons are sexy?

I am so excited to read more of Marjorie M. Liu's books and Tiger Eye was an excellent start for both of us. It is being rereleased at the end of this December by Avon Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Eye.