Angel 's Reviews > All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek

did not like it
bookshelves: media, philosophy
Recommended for: no one
Read from May 22 to June 02, 2010

This book was a waste of time and a disappointment. Giving it one star is being generous. And the sad thing is that it started well enough. The author's main problem is a serious lack of focus and a strong tendency to ramble and meander about all sorts of stuff that has nothing to do with Star Trek, which is what the book title would imply. To top it off, his writing style is a little on the boring side, which means you will probably find yourself scanning the book. By now, there are other books that look at Star Trek and life lessons that are much better. Pick up one of those instead and skip this one. This one is not worth it, and it is a pity. I do like Star Trek, but I hate meandering, rambling writers with no apparent goal or focus in site. If this book was a blog today, it probably would not get very far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek.

05/23/2010 page 10
05/26/2010 page 13
10.16% "Importance of a simple mission statement, or knowing what it is we do in simple terms. This is something, by the way, seriously lacking in librarianship. I think we used to have it, but the way has been lost. Get a simple statement that tells who we are, what we do, and how we go about doing it. You'd think it would make sense."