Sue (Hollywood News Source)'s Reviews > P.S. I Still Love You

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

"There's a Korean word my grandma taught me. It's called jung. It's the connection between two people that can't be severed, even when love turns to hate. You still have those old feelings for them; you can't ever completely shake them loose of you; you will always have tenderness in your heart for them."

This book does many explosive things to my heart.

Every time I read a new novel by Han, I am always assaulted by these strong emotions. In a way it reminds me of our quintessential home where I grew up.  It simply hits me at the right spots. It makes me reminisce certain childhood memories. That is pure talent. I get nostalgic and pensive. It sounds sad, but it’s absolutely astonishing, very few books could incite those feelings from me.

P.S. I Still Love You opens right after where the first book left it off. Lara Jean on at the verge of making it up to Peter. And she’s slowing navigating her life. A reader could expect, kissing, scandal, intense jealousy, family love, and more kissing.

Like with To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, I also annihilate this book. It is fast paced and very easy to get into the flow of the plot. Though at times, I find myself frustrated, but obviously I got over that nasty feeling.

What I adored about this series is the fundamental role of Lara Jean’s dad and sisters to the story. I’ve seen some readers begging to read more books that include parents in the plot. And hey! this is the book for you. They are integral part of the story just as much as the protagonist.

We have a Korean American main character(s). Lara Jean and the Song sisters heritage are essential to the story. Han explores some of the common Korean culture. I’m certain micro aggression was also briefly covered in the first book. It’s amazing, even if it doesn’t take a reign over the plot.

The romance is cute just as I was expecting. And like I said there would also be jealousy which is one of my favorite tropes as long as the guy isn’t an Alpha asshole about it.

Highlight of the book: There are plenty of “you don’t need a man to fulfill you and all the beautiful, independent feminism talk.”

I will always boast about Young Adult books that doesn’t steer clear from “sex”. I love books that stays very true. There are some teenagers who genuinely doesn’t care about this subject, but how about those people who does? I’m very pleased P.S. I Still Love You didn’t skip that part.

P. S. I Still Love You is a satisfying conclusion. Fans of Jenny Han won’t be disappointed.

You can listen to my To P.S. I Still Loved You playlist in 8tracks. See the tracklist in tumblr. Full review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Still Love You.

August 27, 2014 – Shelved
Started Reading
April 2, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) ♫✯Aria loves #Spoby✯♫ *Emmi* (when you see my face hope it gives you hell .)❤️Miles Teller❤️ wrote: "What's that gif from?"

Parks and Rec :)

Welcometomylifex the cover is pretty

Melissa H I can't wait to read this and I will for sure be checking out your playlist to the first book. I'm a sucker for playlists.

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Melissa wrote: "I can't wait to read this and I will for sure be checking out your playlist to the first book. I'm a sucker for playlists."

Thank you! I hope you'll love it!

Kathe L The cover is so pretty! Can't wait for this one

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Kathe wrote: "The cover is so pretty! Can't wait for this one"

same here! I'm so excited for it! I hope it would leave up to expectation.

Antonia I absolutely love your playlis! Thanks for posting it :)

✿ سخىة ✿ Spoil me, puhleease!? Lol

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Scarlett wrote: "Spoil me, puhleease!? Lol"

What part? Haha ;)

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Antonia wrote: "I absolutely love your playlis! Thanks for posting it :)"

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Jae (Bookish Bluebird) "kissing" *dies* I NEED THIS BOOK SO BAD. I'm so happy you loved it, Sue!!

message 13: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess IM DEAD SUE. YOU HAD ME AT KISSING I NEED THAT OH GODDD

message 14: by ✿ سخىة ✿ (new)

✿ سخىة ✿ (view spoiler)

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby awww 'jung' <3

message 16: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Abby wrote: "awww 'jung' <3"

I know Abby! I screamed at that part haha. Only you and I would understand why.

message 17: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Scarlett wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

message 18: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Jess wrote: "IM DEAD SUE. YOU HAD ME AT KISSING I NEED THAT OH GODDD"

YOU WOULD BE ANGRY BUT PLEASED AND HAPPY.

message 19: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) blueJae wrote: ""kissing" *dies* I NEED THIS BOOK SO BAD. I'm so happy you loved it, Sue!!"

OH JAE, YOU ARE SO GOING TO LOVE THIS.

star dust how come u read it already when its not even out yet

message 21: by Zii (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zii Villanueva Spoil me Sue. Oh gosh, will this book have a happy ending?

Courtney Davis KISSING

message 23: by Courtney (last edited May 05, 2015 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Courtney Davis Does she kiss John?

message 24: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Zii wrote: "Spoil me Sue. Oh gosh, will this book have a happy ending?"

message 25: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Courtney wrote: "Does she kiss John?"

Courtney wrote: "KISSING "

There's a lot of kissing, as far as I can remember.

message 26: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Sausan wrote: "how come u read it already when its not even out yet"

I'm so fortunate to received an Advanced Reviewers Copy :)

message 27: by Xochitl (new)

Xochitl Torres Do Lara Jean and Peter end up together? If they don't I don't think I can read this book D: I love peter too much :c

message 28: by Zii (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zii Villanueva I have sooo much theories on this book I can't wait for it to come out ughhhh

message 29: by H (new) - rated it 4 stars

H Dying to get my hands on this.

message 30: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Xochitl wrote: "Do Lara Jean and Peter end up together? If they don't I don't think I can read this book D: I love peter too much :c"

message 31: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Hiba wrote: "Dying to get my hands on this."

Youre going to love this Hiba! <3

message 32: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Zii wrote: "I have sooo much theories on this book I can't wait for it to come out ughhhh"

Next week!!! Youll see if some of your theories are canon :)

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah There are plenty of “you don’t need a man to fulfill you and all the beautiful, independent feminism talk.” *my interest rises from 3/10 to 7/10*
Great review as always, Sue!

message 34: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Sarah wrote: "There are plenty of “you don’t need a man to fulfill you and all the beautiful, independent feminism talk.” *my interest rises from 3/10 to 7/10*
Great review as always, Sue!"

Thank you Sarah! This book is not perfect, and there are some annoying parts but its really cute. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

message 35: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate How many times did she kiss John? ;;

Virna I've read it and completely agree with you. I am satisfied how Jenny Han ended the book.

message 37: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Whaaattt happpeeenneed??

Claire Meagher Am I the only who wanted more when she ended it? Not drama but a insight on what the road holds for Lara & Peter.

Courtney Davis It was everything I could ask for!!!! The ending was a little rushed but I definitely feel like all that happened in the book needed to happen for them to get to that point in their relationship

message 44: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Virna wrote: "I've read it and completely agree with you. I am satisfied how Jenny Han ended the book."

Exactly I think it was a neat ending <3

Jaskirat.KS Is this the last book in the series?

message 46: by Sue (last edited Jul 12, 2015 07:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Ashley wrote: "I have a question about the book ending

*Spoiler *

message 47: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Jaskirat.KS wrote: "Is this the last book in the series?"

Yes, its a duology :)

message 48: by Skipabbeat (new) - added it

Skipabbeat Are you a John or Peter shipper?